Friday, October 21, 2011

Basketball:)

So Monique and I started basketball this week. We both played one season when we were a lot younger, and neither of us were very good. I was so shy that I was happy when I got to sit out two rotations  in a row, and when I hurt my knee and could only play half of the last game that became my favorite game of the year. Monique spent a lot of time walking, not running, across the court behind the big group and tucking her hair behind her ears. So with that as our history, neither of us every imagined we would be doing basketball for our school team, but here we are.
This week was a clinic for all the middle and high school girls. It started off pretty embarassingly for me, and probably Monique too, as we have virtually no experience, but by the last day, I think I only embarassed myself a minimal amount because I definitely improved over the week. I don't know if I will end up playing in the games very much, but it should be fun anyway! It's so different for everything else I've done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment